Xi Says China is Willing To Cooperate With US
- October 25, 2023
- 11:30 AM CDT
- Deborah Sherman
In a letter sent to the National Committee on US-China Relations in New York, Chinese President Xi Jinping said they are willing to cooperate with the US to mend ties.
The President noted how the US and China relations will directly affect the entire world.
China Wants Equal Relationship
Chinese President Xi Jinping called for a more stable bilateral relationship, which should be built on the principles of respect and peaceful co-existence.
Xi’s statement came as both the US President and Chinese President are expected to meet next month at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit.
Experts believe the meeting will reduce the friction that has strained the relationship between the world’s biggest economies.
Most Important Bilateral Relationship
Just recently, the governor of California Newsom was welcomed by Chinese officials, including the President.
Newsom also met a Chinese senior-most diplomat Wang Yi.
Wang told Newsom that the relationship between the US and China was “the most important bilateral relationship in the world.”
- 1As US influence wanes, Germany has the chance to step into the spotlight
- 2Mad McMurdo
- 3Testing Ground
- 4Modern slavery and tourism: when holidays and human exploitation collide
- 5Drinking from the Original Fountain
- 6Lush Life
- 7To All the Final Girls
- 8Death by Video
- 9Let the Sunshine In
- 10The Revelations Will Be Televised
- 11India at 70: after the celebrations, single
- 12Have You Forgotten Him?
- 1Teaching little girls to lead
- 2Teenager Briefly Becomes Multi
- 3A Luso-Tropical Holy Grail
- 4Traveling While White
- 5Combined and Uneven Catastrophe
- 6El Alto Chronicles
- 7Flooding the Heart of Empire
- 8Fear and Loathing on Melrose Place
- 9Cities rally around the Paris deal, a reminder that global problems can have local solutions
- 10Low, Dishonest Days