UK Says Russia Set To Lose 500,000 Military Personnel By 2025
- January 7, 2024
- 11:30 AM CST
- Wesley Messamore
Russia is expected to lose 500,000 soldiers by the end of 2024, the United Kingdom’s defense ministry said.
The British ministry of defense said that Russian troops lost 300 soldiers a day in 2023 and if that continues for one more year, that’ll mount to half a million casualties in Russia’s war against Ukraine.
“The average daily number of Russian casualties in Ukraine has risen by almost 300 during the course of 2023″.
“If the numbers continue at the current rate over the next year, Russia will have lost over half a million personnel in Ukraine,” the defense ministry said on X, formerly Twitter.
The Business Insider Report
Writing for the Business Insider, Ukraine war reporter Alia Shoaib, also said that the British defense ministry cited data from the Ukrainian intelligence sources.
Alia said the numbers couldn’t be verified as the methodology used by the Ukrainian ministry of defense is far from known.
The British defense ministry previously said that Putin is showing no regard for its own troops who are dying in such huge numbers.
- 1Life and Dream
- 2Ukrainian Military Officer Behind Nord Stream Sabotage
- 3Queering the Courts
- 4Cities rally around the Paris deal, a reminder that global problems can have local solutions
- 5No Side to Fall In
- 6Be True to Your Bar
- 7Lock Him Up
- 8Ohio Governor Vetoes Bill Banning Health Care For Trans Minors
- 9China’s ‘sponge cities’ aim to re
- 10Death toll mounts in Rio de Janeiro as police lose control of the city – and of themselves
- 11At the Threshold of Humanity
- 12The Crime Wave That Wasn’t
- 1Three things could happen to Lebanon as Syrian refugees rush in — two are worrisome
- 2Artificial sweeteners are said to be ‘lite’ but they leave a heavy burden on your health
- 3Capture the Flagship
- 4Facebook’s new anti
- 5Otto John: new light shed on legendary Cold War double defector
- 6Editions of You
- 7Radical Dilettantism
- 8Female Foundering
- 9Passports and Power
- 10Drone Strike on Base Kills Three US Troops Inside Jordan