Xi Says China is Willing To Cooperate With US
- October 25, 2023
- 11:30 AM CDT
- Deborah Sherman
In a letter sent to the National Committee on US-China Relations in New York, Chinese President Xi Jinping said they are willing to cooperate with the US to mend ties.
The President noted how the US and China relations will directly affect the entire world.
China Wants Equal Relationship
Chinese President Xi Jinping called for a more stable bilateral relationship, which should be built on the principles of respect and peaceful co-existence.
Xi’s statement came as both the US President and Chinese President are expected to meet next month at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit.
Experts believe the meeting will reduce the friction that has strained the relationship between the world’s biggest economies.
Most Important Bilateral Relationship
Just recently, the governor of California Newsom was welcomed by Chinese officials, including the President.
Newsom also met a Chinese senior-most diplomat Wang Yi.
Wang told Newsom that the relationship between the US and China was “the most important bilateral relationship in the world.”
- 1Barnyard Tales
- 2Impolite Society
- 3Deeper in Debt
- 4Consequences for Thee, Not for Me
- 5Will whoever controls gene editing control historical memory?
- 6East of Dreaming
- 7Are robots taking over the world’s finance jobs?
- 8Empires Are No Gentlemen
- 9Risk and Revolution
- 10The Architect’s (Auto)biographer
- 11Teaching little girls to lead
- 12Is artificial intelligence a (job) killer?
- 1In the Caribbean, colonialism and inequality mean hurricanes hit harder
- 2How our environment can induce allergies even before we’re born
- 3Worst Laid Plans
- 4PEP in Your Step
- 5Healing Colombia’s war
- 6All Quiet on the Eastern Front
- 7From the Strip to the Border
- 8A Good Death
- 9How the Vietnamese cult of heroes promotes nationalism in politics
- 10Island Writing