Xi Says China is Willing To Cooperate With US
- October 25, 2023
- 11:30 AM CDT
- Deborah Sherman
In a letter sent to the National Committee on US-China Relations in New York, Chinese President Xi Jinping said they are willing to cooperate with the US to mend ties.
The President noted how the US and China relations will directly affect the entire world.
China Wants Equal Relationship
Chinese President Xi Jinping called for a more stable bilateral relationship, which should be built on the principles of respect and peaceful co-existence.
Xi’s statement came as both the US President and Chinese President are expected to meet next month at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit.
Experts believe the meeting will reduce the friction that has strained the relationship between the world’s biggest economies.
Most Important Bilateral Relationship
Just recently, the governor of California Newsom was welcomed by Chinese officials, including the President.
Newsom also met a Chinese senior-most diplomat Wang Yi.
Wang told Newsom that the relationship between the US and China was “the most important bilateral relationship in the world.”
- 1Boy Afraid
- 2Peter Orner
- 3Why Tunisia’s banks are its main economic weakness
- 4Utah Biologists Airlift Deer From Wild For Health Checkup
- 5Translating the Language of the Border
- 6Hungary cracks down on foreign funding, dealing a harsh blow to NGOs — and to European democracy
- 7Seeking energy security, Poland welcomes US natural gas but defends coal power
- 8The global market for wine: China leads the emergence of a new world order
- 9Castro’s conundrum: finding a post
- 10Taylor Swift Deepfakes Images Spark Calls For New Legislation
- 11The Devil’s Milkshake
- 12Police Rescue Toddler Stuck Inside A Claw Machine in Australia
- 1Populism is still a threat to Europe — here’s how to contain it
- 2Lawsuit Claims Meta is Child Abuse Breeding ground
- 3India at 70: after the celebrations, single
- 4India’s ‘instant divorce’ ban: the end result or the first step in reforming Islamic law?
- 5Peter Orner
- 6Two Swedish economists foresaw the backlash against globalisation – here’s how to mitigate it
- 8UNLV Shooting: Police Shoots Ex
- 9Brazil’s biggest problem isn’t corruption — it’s murder
- 10Sex, drugs and feminism: for Brazil’s female funk singers, the personal is political