Scientists Develop Human Embryo in A Lab Without Sperm Or Egg
- September 11, 2023
- 2:30 PM CDT
- Lisa Marie Platske
We couldn’t have imagined an embryo developed without using sperm or egg to create it. Scientists were able to create a human embryo without using any of the ingredients required for it. The embryo successfully developed vital embryonic features such as egg yolk and placenta outside a human womb.
An Embryo Without Sperm or Egg
The Israeli and Palestinian researchers involved in the study shed light on, what they called, poorly understood human developmental stages. professor Jacob Hanna, who led the research team, said the embryo went through all the phases via which a normal embryo would go.
Miscarriages And Diseases
As per the Mayo Clinic, most of the miscarriages take place in the first 11 weeks of human development. By understanding what goes on in the first month of human development, scientists could prevent diseases and miscarriages and hence prevent lives.
Research Reference: “Complete human day 14 post-implantation embryo models from naïve ES cells”, published in the Nature journal.
- 1Teaching little girls to lead
- 2Minority histories of the Indian national flag
- 3Drinking from the Original Fountain
- 4The Art of Propaganda
- 5Queers Without Money
- 6Tesla Recalled 1.6 Million Cars in China Over Autopilot Defects
- 7Universal Failure
- 8Against the Imposters
- 9Fight or flight? For young people in Venezuela, that is the question
- 10In the Caribbean, colonialism and inequality mean hurricanes hit harder
- 11Available Space
- 1‘I’m so sorry’: when Indian advertisements turn around sexism
- 2In razing its modernist buildings, Iran is erasing its past Western influence
- 3Brazil’s biggest problem isn’t corruption — it’s murder
- 4Who Needs the Office?
- 5The Tongue and the Egg
- 6Ukraine Reduces Military Operations As Foreign Aid Dries Up
- 7In Vietnam poverty and poor development, not just floods, kill the most marginalised
- 8White House Warns It Will Run Out Of Funds For Ukraine By 2024
- 9Bad Romance
- 10UK And US Repel Deadliest Terrorist Attack in Red Sea