Senior Russian Official Found Dead in Turkiye Hotel
- October 15, 2023
- 2:30 PM CDT
- Lisa Marie Platske
A senior Russian diplomat was found dead at a hotel in the Turkish capital.
Nikolai Kobrinets, who worked for the Russian foreign ministry, was scheduled to meet other diplomats but was found dead in his room by security officials.
Background of Nikolai’s Death
According to the Turkish TV channel NTV, the Russian diplomat had a scheduled meeting with officials from Moscow. Nikolai was reported missing from the discussion in the Turkish capital, Istanbul.
The Russian colleagues tried to contact him, but he didn’t respond. The hotel staff found Nikolai’s dead body when they entered his room.
Russia Awknowledged Nikolai’s Death
The Russian Foreign Ministry confirmed the death of Nikolai but didn’t provide any further details.
Initial investigation revealed that Nikolai died of a heart attack, but the government is still looking into the exact cause.
- 1Radical Dilettantism
- 2Working Landscapes
- 3Donkey Work
- 4The French Inquisition
- 5Theater of Pain
- 6How a humble cockroach rewrote the history of New Caledonia
- 7The Politics of Memory
- 8Protests in Colombia and South Africa reveal link between inequality and popular uprisings
- 9China’s ‘sponge cities’ aim to re
- 10The DeSantis School
- 11Go Straight to Jail
- 12George Packer’s American Fables
- 1Is artificial intelligence a (job) killer?
- 2Corruption Causing West To Abandon Ukraine, Secret Files Show
- 3The Politics of Memory
- 4Planet Bloomberg
- 5Can we save low
- 6The Tongue and the Egg
- 7Drinking from the Original Fountain
- 8The pioneering queer artists who opened Vietnam to gay culture
- 9The Fourth Person
- 10True Colors