Israel says 600 People Killed in Hamas Terrorist Attack
- October 8, 2023
- 10:00 AM CDT
- Zai Apolonio
After a surprise attack on the southern Israeli border, the Palestinian militant groups have killed 600 Israelis, Israel said. The death toll includes hundreds of civilians targeted by the militant group Hamas.
Why Hamas Attacked Israel?
The militant group took Israel by surprise when it unleashed more than 7,000 rockets.
Hundreds of its fighters infiltrated the Israeli border, killing and capturing hundreds of soldiers and civilians.
Hamas blames Israel for decades-long provocative actions and desecrating the holy Al-Aqsa Mosque several times.
Who is Hamas?
Hamas is a political organization that took power in a coup in 2007. The group mainly controls the Gaza strip, which has been blockaded by Israel and Egypt since 2007. Experts believe the group has been supported by Iran’s Hizbullah, who also attacked Israeli military posts recently.
- 1The Queer Art of Cruelty
- 2Build Back Baffler
- 3As Thailand restricts internet freedom, cyber activists work to keep an open web
- 4Israeli Ambassador To UN Detained For Protesting Against Iran
- 5Puerto Rico’s bankruptcy will make hurricane recovery brutal – here’s why
- 6Johannesburg Blues
- 7Caught between police and gangs, Rio de Janeiro residents are dying in the line of fire
- 8We Got a Great Big Convoy
- 9What can Europe expect from a Macron government?
- 10Texas Congressman Henry Cuellar Carjacked At Gunpoint
- 11A Good Death
- 12The Many Faces of Brian Kemp
- 1Inanimate Objects with Party Hats
- 2Cinema Is Never on Time
- 3Overproduction and Its Discontents
- 4Woman Charged With Three Murders For Poisoning Former in
- 5Can the world’s megacities survive the digital age?
- 6Utopia, No
- 7Colombia’s FARC rebels have rebranded as a political party – now they need a leader
- 8Building from the Rubble
- 9Mucked Up
- 10Trump Explains How Wild & Extreme His Second Term Would Be