Swedish Police Found Dangerous Object Outside Israeli Embassy
- January 31, 2024
- 2:30 PM CST
- Joe Lawson
Swedish police found a dangerous object lying outside the Israeli embassy in Sweden.
According to the initial reports, the Israeli embassy in Sweden found a device lying outside the building and called the police to investigate the object, which appeared to be an exploding device.
Media reported a loud bang at a site where the police destroyed the object.
The Israeli embassy labeled the context as an attempted attack on the embassy staff.
The police told the BBC it was too early to give further information about what happened.
A spokesman for the embassy later said the device was “live” without elaborating if it meant an exploding device.
The Israeli ambassador to Sweden said Ziv Nevo Kulman vowed resilience against the attempted attack and urged “not be intimidated by terror.”
Police said they are investigating people responsible for placing a dangerous device outside the embassy.
- 1Sphere Eats the Soul
- 2On the Bally
- 3How kitsch consumed the world
- 4Scientists Discover Europe’s Oldest Shoes in Spanish Bat Cave
- 5Of Monsters and Men
- 6Man Walks Into FBI Office & Confesses Killing A Woman in 1979
- 7The Ghost of the Feast
- 8Poland Will Not Supply Arms To Ukraine Over Grain
- 9Bleached girls: India and its love for light skin
- 10The Sounds of Internment
- 11Twin earthquakes expose Mexico’s deep inequality
- 12Leaked Docs Show China Censoring Media After Li Keqiang's Death
- 1Open soil science: technology is helping us discover the mysteries under our feet
- 2Gender Blur
- 3Hong Kong Literature’s Growing Pains
- 4Former US Soldier Arrested For Attempting To Spy For China
- 5After the Flood
- 6Man Arrested For Touching Spanish Reporter Live
- 7The Department of Songbird Investigations
- 8Performing Modernity
- 9How open data can help the Global South, from disaster relief to voter turnout
- 10Mother Knows Best